Monday, October 11, 2010

The MASSIVE update - as promised

I hope it isn't too late to fulfill the long-awaited promise I made in my several previous posts.

Before I start, though, I wanted to let you all know of 2 songs I've been addicted to these past few days: "I Don't Feel It Anymore" by William Fitzsimmons featuring Priscilla Ahn; and "Belong" by Cary Brothers. The latter was featured on the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. I'm currently loving the show, not to mention its soundtrack - a little piece of heaven to satisfy my hungry ears. Such a great combination!
May I just warn you in advance, the two songs are a bit melancholic. OK, scratch 'a bit'. But they are nonetheless a blend of honest, genuine lyrics, integrated into a sorrowful, heart-breaking kind of melody. It's contradictory to what I am feeling at the time being, but the songs offers a sense serene consolation. You might want to grab a box of tissues, just in case.

About 3 weeks ago, I attended an event at the Consulate of RI here. After the event, my friends and I had planned to go out for dinner together. Before we went, a middle aged lady came up to us, seeing a group of young people bunched in front of the building. She mumbled something, while asking for change to buy food. When she was about to leave the premises, I felt moved to do something. SOMETHING had screamed in my ear, in my heart to do SOMEthing. At first I was downright reluctant. But I managed to escape my thoughts and took her aside out of impulsivity. The first thing I had said to her was, "Do you know Jesus?" From there, everything was smooth sailing. She asked me questions, and by the grace of God, I was able to answer them. I stood upon my conviction in Christ. I was able to share and testify to her about the abundant love of God, His forgiveness, His mercy, His grace. Unfortunately, we did not have much time to talk, so before we ended our conversation, I prayed for her. I gave her many hugs to assure her that she is dearly loved and wanted, and that God truly cares for her. Her name was Stella. We were random strangers before we met. She was my first witness to God's love. She changed my life. I will never forget our encounter in this experience.

This leads to another update that I had promised you: Living by the rules. Since I have discussed the first 2 in my former post regarding this, I shall then continue with the other 3. I will explore into this stuff in a separate post.

-- Post ends here --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.